North Penn Water Authority - Committed to Providing Safe, Reliable, and Economical Water
A dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply

 
Our Water

Treatment Process

In the main distribution system, approximately 15% of the water that North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) delivers to its customers is treated groundwater. The remaining eighty 85% of the water is treated surface water from the Forest Park Water Treatment Plant located in Chalfont.

To view the Forest Park Water "Clearly the Finest" video that transports viewers on the journey of drinking water from the water’s source to Forest Park Water Treatment Plant where it undergoes one of the most advanced and complex water treatment process available before going out to thousands of homes and businesses, click here.

The Forest Park Treatment Plant was formed through a joint partnership with the North Penn and North Wales Water Authorities to meet the demands of a growing population for high-quality drinking water for our customers in the Montgomery and Bucks Counties.

Forest Park Water Treatment Plant (FPWTP) is a state of the art water treatment facility that combines conventional treatment processes with advanced techniques, which include ozone disinfection and membrane filtration. Membrane filtration is a leading-edge technology capable of consistently producing very high quality water and ensures the plant can safely meet the more stringent federal and state water quality regulations that will be required in the near future. This combination of traditional and innovative water treatment allows FPWTP to produce the safest, highest quality water possible. In September of 2013, the membrane filtration process at the treatment plant was highlighted in Water Online. To read more about this, click here.

The treatment plant uses conventional treatment processes such as coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, microfiltration process using membrane filtration, disinfection and pumping. What makes FPW unique is the use of ozone as a disinfectant along with conventional treatment processes. Forest Park was the first surface water ozone water treatment facility in Pennsylvania and one of the few plants in the country that utilizes ozone which is generated on site. Using ozone allows us to minimize the use of chlorine thus limiting the amount of chlorinated byproducts. To view a schematic of this process, click here.

PSW logo In 2014, FPWTP received the prestigious Area Wide Optimization Program (AWOP) Award presented by the PA DEP. The award recognizes outstanding efforts toward optimizing turbidity removal performance. AWOP is a national filter plant optimization effort among 22 states, the EPA, and the Association of State Drinking Water Administrators. The AWOP Award and FPWTP’s on-going participation in the “Partnership for Safe Water”, a voluntary program administered by the American Water Works Association, demonstrate Forest Park Water’s continuing commitment to operational excellence.

All compliance testing is done by a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) certified laboratory owned and operated by NPWA. Water quality is monitored in NPWA’s source waters, at various stages of treatment at the Forest Park Water Treatment Plant as well as points throughout the NPWA distribution system.

 

SITE CONTENT

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Billing Information Water Meter Information Helpful Tips FAQs

BUSINESS

Homeowners Contractors Developers Requesting Authority Info

CONTACT INFORMATION

North Penn Water Authority
300 Forty Foot Road
Lansdale, PA 19446
Phone: 215.855.3617
Fax: 215.855.2756
After Hours Emergency Number:
215.855.9945
Safe Drinking Water Hotline:
800.426.4791
info@npwa.org
customerservice@npwa.org
facebook icon small
Like us on Facebook!
Copyright © 2012 North Penn Water Authority • Site Design by: Bergey Creative Group